Warm Compress and Lid Scrub Instructions
If you have any questions, please call the office at 760-342-6900.
Dr. Nguyen has prescribed you to perform a warm compress and lid scrub.
1. Take a clean towel; make it warm by running it under warm water. Wring the towel so that it is not dripping wet. The towel should not be so hot such that it cannot be placed comfortably on your inner wrist. WARNING: NEVER PLACE A SCOLDING HOT TOWEL ON YOUR EYE LIDS.
2. Once warm, close your eyes and place the towel over your eye, lightly pushing on the towel. Do this until the towel has cooled off.
3. Take the same towel and wrap it around your index finger. Run the towel back and forth along your eyelid margin. Do this to the top and bottom lids of the eye.
4. Clean towel and repeat steps 1 - 3 on the other eye.
5. Repeat twice a day, or as directed by the doctor.